Early Childhood Education
The government of Rwanda supports primary and secondary education and strives to enroll all children in school. Attaining this goal is difficult because vulnerable families often cannot afford to:
- Buy school uniforms,
- Pay school fees and school materials,
- Access after-school programs, and
- Provide transportation to and from school.
Journey House Actions Rwanda (JHA) steps in to fill these gaps. JHA opens and operates Early Childhood Education Centers that help vulnerable families access government-sponsored education. The organization offers scholarships to the most vulnerable families to cover school uniforms and school and supply fees for their children.
JHA Early Childhood Education Centers:
- Ready children to attend school,
- Reduce malnutrition through two nutritious meals a day,
- Teach socialization skills at an early age,
- Foster a love of learning to keep kids in school,
- Teach English through songs and games,
- Provide educational toys and books, and
- Offer after-school programs.
“2019 was the year I came to find Journey House Actions Rwanda. They taught me how to use a computer … They taught me the English language. They taught me love.”
Help American Friends of Journey House Actions Rwanda
Create Infinite Possibilities!
Your donation helps American Friends of Journey House Actions Rwanda (AFJHAR) spread rays of hope for Rwandans in need. AFJHAR uses financial gifts to fund education, women’s empowerment, workforce development, and health improvement programs. Every donation is a valuable pledge that transforms lives.
100% of designated donations directly support programs in Rwanda!