Thank you for your interest in donating to AFJHAR
To donate online, please continue with the form on this page.
Otherwise, we gladly appreciate donations by check made out to:
P.O. Box 405
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
If you would like to donate securities directly to our AFJHAR account at Baird, Inc. or would like to donate using a Donor Advised Fund or Charitable Trust please contact Chris Calvelli, AFJHAR Treasurer at email@example.com.
The AFJHAR EIN is 86-3150779.
Thank you for your generous support!
Help our children achieve their infinite possibilities!
- $25 allows us to purchase one school uniform & a pair of shoes & socks for one child [150 needed]
- $25 allows us to purchase one desk & one chair [150 needed]
- $26 allows us to purchase one mattress [100 needed]
- $50 allows us to feed two students, two nutritious meals per day for 30 days
- $100 helps us purchase books, balls & other equipment
- $200 helps pay for one teacher for one month [6 teachers needed, $14,400 total annual cost]
- $500 helps sponsor one child’s food, education, clothing, school supplies & health insurance costs for one year
- $600 helps pay for one security guard for 6 months [3 guards needed; $3,600 total annual cost]
- $900 helps pay for one cook for 6 months [2 cooks needed; $3,600 total annual cost]
AFJHAR is recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. “Your donation to AFJHAR is tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.”
American Friends of Journey House Actions Rwanda, Inc. (“AFJHAR”) has been formed as a Wisconsin nonstock corporation. It has applied to the Internal Revenue Service for recognition as a tax-exempt charitable organization described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. It is organized and operated for charitable purposes. If you make a contribution to AFJHAR, you are entitled to claim an income tax deduction for a charitable contribution (subject to the applicable rules and limitations, which your tax advisor can explain to you). AFJHAR is applying for classification as a public charity. The Internal Revenue Service has not yet acted on the application.
When the IRS recognizes our tax exemption, which we expect (but cannot guarantee), the IRS determination will be retroactive to the date of our incorporation. Therefore, you may take a tax deduction now for contributions to AFJHAR and we are very, very grateful for your generous support of our mission. However, please understand that, if you make a donation, there is some risk (however negligible) that the IRS could deny our tax-exempt status and, on audit, require that you reverse out your tax deduction.
Thank you for your willingness to support us.